Sep 30, 2013

[CLOSED] Jen Noodle Restaurant, Kuchai Lama

This shop has been closed down.


Here we go - on another pork noodle run.

It was my review on Ah Or Pork Noodle just recently, that prompted a friend of mine to revisit his favourite pork noodle joint, which came highly recommend on his to-eat list.

My food escapades this weekend brought me to Kuchai Lama - a place that I'm unfamiliar with and far from my usual.

Well, my write-ups' are typically confined to PJ and scattered around KL, perhaps I should branch-out more, hey?

But - But - PeeJay got so much good food alreadyyyyyy.....

Jen Noodle Restaurant

Like the name suggests, Jen Noodle Restaurant serves mainly Ipoh originated noodle dishes and made popular for its pork and prawn noodles.

Don't be surprised, as most dishes here comes with an option of - wait for it - Abalone!

Probably not the premium ones I presume, unless you're eager to pay a bomb for noodles, but I reckon good enough to satiate your abalone cravings if you may.


This is only my second trip to Kuchai Lama. Little did I know, it has been flourishing over the years.

I got there at about lunch time, amidst empty tables and a non-existent crowd.


An unimaginably practical but the laziest menu I've come across.


And the usual condiments for a Chinese meal.


Honey Lemon.

Ipoh Pork Noodle Soup. Rm7.80.


At hindsight, my pork noodles did not look appetizing. Flooding in there - with just too much soup!


In pork noodle standards, the soup was surprisingly clear. It resembles that of the Ipoh Hor Fun soup base, minus the thick pork broth, quite the contrary, but you get what I mean. To note, my kuey tiaw noodles came a way overcooked.


I was glad that the pork meats was an abundance. Loads of minced pork made succulent and juicy, a handful of crispy pork lards and a decent amount of my favourite pork innards. Also, there is a slice of abalone in my pork noodles - a rarity of an addition I suppose.

It didn't take me long to gobbled the meats up and left the noodles behind.

Minced Pork Noodle. Rm8.80.


Now, the dry minced pork version looked much more like an appetizing treat compared to the former.

The dish came with loads of juicy minced pork and servings of Chinese sausages, then sprinkled with shallots and dried garlic. 

Sides.


Overall Rating: 5.5/10. If you are around the area and looking for a clearer version of a pork noodle soup or you'd like the idea of having abalone with your noodles, this place is for you.

Jen is located at:
No 45, Ground Floor, Jalan Kuchai Maju 1
Off Jalan Kuchai Lama, 58200 Kuala Lumpur

 

6 comments:

  1. Never heard of anybody that has an abalone craving before. LOL.

    The dry version they didn't put abalone in it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there is (i think).
      hahaha. its odd ain't it. next time I would say - I'm having shark fin's craving.

      Delete
  2. the minced pork noodles looks delicious, i'll make sure to gv it a try for my next visit to msia

    ReplyDelete
  3. For a die-hard pork lover like me, must try it out...thanks spicysharon :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright © . Spicy Sharon - A Malaysian Lifestyle And Food Blog - Posts · Comments
Theme Template by BTDesigner · Powered by Blogger