Jun 30, 2013

Ippudo Ramen @ Pavilion KL


You can read my updated review Here.

It was a rather eventful but tiring Friday evening for me. I was running around the Golden Triangle for a bit - briefly dropping by Cornery and then back to Pavilion for dinner.

Hakata Ippudo

Barely a year old, Ippudo got the Japanese foodie enthusiast rushing to it's doors for what may seemed like the best ramen restaurant to hit town.

It felt like an eternity before the hyped died down - months later that is, I decided to drop by and unwind at Ippudo for dinner, after knocking off work on a Friday evening. Don't get me wrong, the place was still bustling with activity when I got there.

So, how did it fair?

Shiromaru Motoaji. Rm26++.


At first glance, this bowl of classic Hakata style ramen with original tonkotsu broth and noodles, pork belly, bean sprouts, kikurage and spring onions - looked just like any other ramen.

My first mouthful; my smile grew wide - it was amazing.


The tonkotsu broth are one of those magic ingredients that could either kill or make a bowl of ramen. Ippudo's version was sweet with a light tingling sensation of saltiness. The fish based broth was a little creamy yet did not exude an intensely porky aftertaste - a plus in my books.

I chose the normal noodles, it was silky smooth and done al dente - Japanese terms that is.

Dash of pepper?
With the Dai Ga Che
Since it was a Friday night, it was only fair for us to end the week with drinks at The Pressroom thereafter.


Mojito and Pressroom Reporter anyone?


Full menu available Here.

Overall Rating: 7.5/10. Living up to expectations, the ramen I had tasted really good and oddly comforting - hugging on to my bowl of warm noodles on a chilly night and after a long week at work - sounds like a fantastic plan isn't it? 

Hakata Ippudo is located at:
Lot C4.07.00, Connection Level 4, Pavilion KL
Tel: 03 2110 6233
11am - 11pm (daily)



6 comments:

  1. Good call for not having the egg to go with it. (The egg was meh)
    Pork belly super nice and melt-in-mouth right? mmmm :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? aiks!! I just went with the original and basic since it was my first time visiting =)

      Delete
  2. I guess i should try the classic Hakata style ramen right? must go there very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. yeah I agree. Ramen is not exactly my thing too. hehe =)

      Delete

 
Copyright © . Spicy Sharon - A Malaysian Lifestyle And Food Blog - Posts · Comments
Theme Template by BTDesigner · Powered by Blogger