Jun 29, 2013

Cornery Popcorn @ Low Yat Plaza KL


It was a fine Friday night - perfect for a stroll along the golden triangle, a good change after shying away from the hazy skies for awhile.
Cornery Malaysia

I dropped by Cornery popcorn that evening. Newly opened about a month back and also the first franchise out of Singapore, Cornery Malaysia is located at Low Yat Plaza, behind Old Town White Coffee and just outside the food court.


A rather unconventional name for a popcorn brand I must say. Typically reminds me of a Kitchenware outlet rather - I shall not annotate further.


When it comes to popcorn, I've always love a mouthful.

For those who know me - knew, that I once had terrible cravings for popcorn. I will buy bags and bags of it home, just so I can satisfy my munchies at all times.


To top that, who doesn't like the sound of everything-Gourmet? Gourmet food, Gourmet burgers and now - premium quality gourmet popcorns!



 
I grinned, and my smile grew wide as I walked into the shop.

Popcorn was an abundance at Cornery - what dainty little things!

The candied (sweet) flavours - Imported from US and popped using mushroom kernels, were fancily crunchy yet interesting, particularly the bubble gum flavour.

from left: Butterscotch, Dark chocolate, Caramel, Bubble gum


The savoury flavours - also imported from the US and popped using butterfly kernels, has a slightly softer and chewy texture, and was equally pleasing to the taste buds.

from left: Cheddar cheese, Sour cream and Onion, Cajun, Wasabi


Not all flavours were made available on that day, since all popcorn are made fresh daily, it is only fair to keep the daily grind to a minimum.

They were also more than happy to let me sample every single flavour available and I have to say, Butterscotch came tops.


Jasmin - one of the co-owner of Cornery, talked a little about the popcorn-making process and the different varieties of it.

I learned one thing new from the whole process - unfinished popcorn should be kept in the fridge for maximum retention!

Rest assured, popcorns sold are sealed tight to ensure lasting freshness and if left unopened, can be kept for about two weeks.


I noticed that recently I seem to gravitate towards taking portraits of people enjoying or preparing food; but than again, maybe it's just the adorable kiddos.



Overall Rating: 6/10. If I were to compare against the likes of Planet Popcorn, Tea Chansii and Garretts to just name a few, my standout favourites would have to be the Butterscotch, Chocolate and Sour Cream and Onion versions.

Cornery is located at:
Plaza Low Yat, Lot LG-032B
7 Jalan Bintang, Off Jalan Bukit Bintang, 55100, Kuala Lumpur

Located at the back of old town white coffee or right next to Sg Wang, outside the LYP foodcourt.

4 comments:

  1. Cajun and SourCream&Onion popcorn has my attention! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the Cajun versions are so spicy babe! =) btw I love the sour cream one too! So yummssss

      Delete
  2. Which brand is better? Planet or Cornery?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tough one - Plant popcorn is everywhere, way easier to purchase I more flavours available. My all time fav essentially.
      Cornery - I love the chocolate and sour cream versions, hence I'm a bit biased.
      Essentially draws down to which flavours you like best =)

      Delete

 
Copyright © . Spicy Sharon - A Malaysian Lifestyle And Food Blog - Posts · Comments
Theme Template by BTDesigner · Powered by Blogger