May 19, 2013

GO! Burger Kitchen (GBK) @ Setia Walk Puchong - The Burger Challenge

Updated Link: You can read about my GBK Burger review Here.

I am so caught up with the whole burgermania at the moment - running from one burger joint to another, I just can't get enough of those meaty layered goodness.

The cravings will only stop in time - I assure you.

Go! Burger Kitchen

Hardly a few months old, GBK have already established itself with a flow of regular clientele. By word of mouth, I got to know about this restaurant - the one and only burger place in Setia Walk and also the newest addition to the array of expanding eateries there.

I heard the burgers are amazing and to die for.



This time round,  I wasn't there to gorge on burgers, but rather to witness history in the making.

A little teaser to what awaits.



Let us not drift any further just yet.

One moment you are standing around looking for a signage and double checking on the address of the restaurant on your phone - the next you are one flight of stairs up, standing in front of a architecturally simplistic burger joint.

I have to admit that GBK would probably miss out a little on the walk-in crowds to begin with - located on the first floor and all. That said, I figured having a couple of signage and a bunting or two downstairs would do the trick.


With a simplistic concept in mind - the setting was bright, the ambience charming and everything else was clad in either red or white.


Not forgetting the all-American artworks - Marilyn Monroe frames and electric guitar displays. I was very much tempted and had to leave my mark on it, SL - Sharon Loh.



With the tagline, What's your burger? The staples of GBK's menu are gourmet burgers, burgers and more burgers - Who wouldn't have guess by now.




This brings me back to the primary intention of me, stopping by at GBK, at 10pm on a Saturday night.

Like I've mentioned earlier, I wasn't there to be burgernized (spicysharon's copyright) but to witness history in the making as well as to support a friend in his feat to conquer the Go!liath Challenge. Being the first of having such face-off in GBK - of course I was squeaking with excitement.


The prepping time took a good 45 minutes off my Saturday night.

I wasn't at all impatient as I was standing at the edge of the kitchen bar - mesmerized and intrigued by the burger making process, home cooked and beautifully crafted by the owner himself.
  


Layers of juicy gourmet beef and pork patty, chargrilled bacon, melted cheese, golden brown hasbrowns and perfectly cooked eggs - all stacked on top of each other carefully, so as not to let them tumble, forming a wholesome and gargantuan burger.



I couldn't help myself but salivate a little throughout the process - it looked scrumptious. Needless to say, I wasn't the only one.


We were happily stunned by the final outcome. The fusion was a showcase of succulence, mouth-watering goodness - it was cuisine and carnage combined.



After bringing out all five avalanches of food, excited patrons eagerly gathered around the table - the Go!liath challenge begins.


Since this was the first time GBK have ever organized such feasting challenge, each contestant were given 15 minutes and not the standard 10 to clean up the entire plate.

What seemed like an hour pass, was probably the hardest 15 minutes for them all. With full concentration and endeavour to disregard all noise around them, they were struggling to gobble down as much as they can.


The camaraderie of patrons in the restaurant were clearly evident.


There were rounds of shouting, clapping, cheering and not to mention - some crazy ass coaching.

"This is easy bro, you're almost done (NOT! Still got half a plate full), Lets get you another plate!" 

After a mere 12 minutes - A winner emerged.


My friend was definitely glutted and way overstuffed.




The crowd dispersed merely 10 minutes after the challenge ended. Talk about spending your Saturday night, at a burger joint, enjoying a burger challenge - memorable like that.

This charming chap going by the name, Rao - is none other the executive head chef and also the Boss.


Overall Rating: N/A. Speaking of which, being there made me reminisce of my never ending devotion for Adam Richman in Man vs Food Nation - I really don't know what is up with me and the show. Really.

Go! Burger Kitchen is located at:
G-5-1, Setiawalk
Persiaran Wawasan, Pusat Bandar Puchong, 47610 Puchong Selangor
016-3454640
Tuesday - Friday: 12pm-11pm
Saturday: 10am-1am
Sunday: 10am-9pm
Holidays: closed on monday

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © . Spicy Sharon - A Malaysian Lifestyle And Food Blog - Posts · Comments
Theme Template by BTDesigner · Powered by Blogger