Apr 19, 2013

Vietnam Kitchen @ 1 Utama PJ

Ever since I got back from Vietnam months ago, I have been constantly yearning for a tasty bowl of sizzling beef pho and a healthy dose of rice paper rolls, especially in the midst of my hunger pangs. I fondly reminisce of a rather peculiar but the most amazing sweet and sour crab noodle dish that I had along the roadside of Saigon, in which I've yet to encounter at any mainstream restaurants in town. It was about time I revisit my former joys.

Vietnam Kitchen

This isn't the first time I visited Vietnam Kitchen. Situated right next to Chillies and just steps away from Sushi Zanmai, it's hard not to notice this restaurant.


While I was indecisively scrutinizing and taking pictures of the menu, a lady staff came over and said, "You can take the menu home if you want". #Yay. I have to admit that I didn't have much use for it except for a short glimpse at the prices when I got home, so much for an act of courtesy.


Prices of dishes are pretty reasonable in Vietnam Kitchen, ranging from Rm10.90 upwards for a bowl of noodles.


Stir Fried Lemongrass Beef Vermicelli. Rm11.90.


This massive bowl of vermicelli noodles topped with a load of juicy, lean, stir fried beef with lemongrass was tastefully appetizing. Upon drizzling in the sweet and sour sauce, the noodles got a tad too tangy and there was quite a lot of finely chopped nuts and chilli flakes going around, hence I do not recommend for those with braces. Apart from that, the dish was pretty enjoyable.

Special Beef Noodle Soup. Rm14.90. 


This simple Vietnamese staple of comfortingly rich savoury broth ladled over rice noodles, a sprinkling of herbs and a share of beef meatballs, brisket and thinly sliced beef was an incredibly hearty meal.

Vietnamese Spring Rolls. Rm6.90.


This bite-sized crunchy spring rolls with a soft veggie and meat filling sprinkled with a dash of peanuts was just too oily. I do not recommend.

Honey Lemon (Rm5.90). Six Treasure (Rm6.90).

Six Treasure is very similar to the Chinese version of lin zhi kang.

Full menu available Here.

Overall Rating: 7/10 for the food, environment and customer service. I would say that the dishes served is definitely value for money, for its huge portions and of reasonable taste. However, I still have slight preference for Festival City in KL but would definitely return.

Vietnam Kitchen is located at:
1 Utama Shopping Centre 1 Lebuh Bandar Utama, 47800 Petaling Jaya, Bandar Utama
03-7724 1336

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © . Spicy Sharon - A Malaysian Lifestyle And Food Blog - Posts · Comments
Theme Template by BTDesigner · Powered by Blogger