Feb 10, 2013

Festival City Seafood and Vietnamese Cuisine @ Jln P.Ramlee KL

I'm actually quite excited whilst I'm pen-ing this down, knowing secretly (though not much longer), that I could've potentially discovered one of the hidden gems of the city. At least, for me it is. 

I don't think they are many Vietnamese cuisine - Enthusiast in Malaysia generally. Definitely not as much as Japanese food lovers and somehow still sits below Thai food I would say.

Festival City Seafood and Vietnamese Cuisine

The last time I visited Festival City it was about a year ago. I was there for lunch with a couple of my colleagues and I was quite impressed with the food and hence, called for a revisit.


A year ago, this restaurant was situated at a busy little shack right at the end of the street. I was told that months later it was relocated to the shop lot next to the Mamak stall. 

The restaurant is located few shop away from Senya grill & sushi bar at the corner, along the junction of jalan p ramlee, leading into mandarin oriental and klcc. 



Because of its least strategic location, I figured most of the patrons who comes to here are people who work nearby.

When I arrived, I was quite surprised to see an empty restaurant with only 1 other table occupied. The place was spacious as is and could accommodate up to 25 tables indoors. I still recall it being really busy during lunch hour when I was there the last time. 


There is two menus available. One for Chinese dishes and the other for Vietnamese. 


When I checked out the menu, I noticed that there was about 20% hike in prices since they shifted. Generally main dishes costs Rm9.90 onwards.




Also, the waiters there are Vietnamese locals, thus don't speak very good English. I specifically requested for coffee with no milk but was served otherwise. I still got what I wanted in the end nonetheless. 

Vietnamese Black Coffee. Rm4.90.


Vietnamese Coffee. Rm4.90.


The Vietnamese coffee was smooth and fragrant, just the way I like it. 

Grilled Beef with Vermicelli. Rm10.90.


As you can see, the beef was cooked to medium rare. I think you can request it to be served well done if medium rare is not for you. The beef was decent overall. The vermicelli noodles was tangy and the mix of sweet-sour-spicy sauce in it was delicious.
ver
Braised Beef with Lemongrass and Vermicelli. Rm10.90.


Frankly speaking, the dish looked odd but tasted delectable. The beef was sweet, sour and salty at the same time, definite tester for the tastebuds. 

Vietnamese Cabbage Salad with Chicken. Rm12.90.


The chicken salad was a simply concoction of cabbage, carrots, onions, shallots with shredded chicken and drizzled with sauce. The portion of both the vegetables and the chicken was generous, fit for the health conscious. 

Raw and Cooked Beef Noodle Soup. Rm12.90.



Seafood Fried Rice. Rm9.90.


Vietnamese Curry Chicken. N/A.


Overall Rating: 8/10 for the food and environment but downgraded slightly because of the location and miscommunication with the staff. All in all, the food was scrumptious and the vietnamese coffee was amazing. One of the best and authentic Vietnamese restaurant I've been to. I will definitely revisit.

Festival City is located at:
No. 18-5, Jln Law Yee Swee, Jln P Ramlee, 50250 KL
03-21430519
 
Copyright © . Spicy Sharon - A Malaysian Lifestyle And Food Blog - Posts · Comments
Theme Template by BTDesigner · Powered by Blogger