Apr 13, 2013

Swich Cafe @ Publika - Slow! So Slow!

Since I've been actively food blogging for the past few months or so, like a certain on icing-and-cake duty that I will date myself by referencing - I take things pretty seriously, partly because I have a mini guidebook on rules for customer service and desserts.

Swich Café

Conveniently located on Level G3 and right opposite Namoo, is the newest addition to Publika's blend of unique eateries, Swich Café. Serving mainly western dishes but known for it's original selection of cakes, I was quite thrilled to give it a go.





There was a decent range of cakes available but the more popular ones like mangosteen cake was already sold out while I was there - can't help it but felt somewhat disappointed.





While I was still fickle mindedly picking out my choice of cake, I noticed that there was only one staff manning the cash register, running tables and blending coffee while five others was hastily prepping I-dunno-what behind the prep-benches. I waited for a good 15minutes just to get my order taken. What is up with the customer service?


I was lucky to be able to snagged the last table available when I got there, thinking that Swich must be that good to have full occupancy, even at 4.30pm.

While I eagerly waited for my dessert to arrive, I glanced around the cafe and noticed that more than half of the patrons seated has yet to be served. To note, there was 6 staff manning 10 tables, Mcdonalds have 6 staff manning 50 tables. (ill comparison nonetheless) And again, what is up with the customer service?

A lady from the next table got so infuriated that she gave the waiter a handful when their food finally arrived. Apparently she waited nearly 45 minutes for a high tea set. And again, what is up with the customer service?


They also managed to get both of my cake orders wrong. BOTH. Did they read my order docket? Did they even take my order right in the first place? As a matter of fact, I repeated my order twice at the counter. And again, what is up with the customer service?

Now, pardon me as I got carried away from all the ranting. I shall still remain objective nonetheless.

Durian Cheese Chiffon Cake. Rm12.50.


Light, fluffy and with just the right amount of pure durian cream, this slice of chiffon cake was an absolute delish. I have to say that this cake was cleverly crafted with an extra layer of durian cream in between, at the base and not leaving out the thin layer of durian spread on top. Notwithstanding, the bottom layer of the chiffon sunk a little, I was still quite satisfied overall.

Peach Cake. Rm12.50.


This slice of moist peach cake was just on a verge of decent. It remained subtly peachy but with a tang too much butter.

Overall Rating: 4.5/10. Well, I thought all's forgiven if the cake was worth the hassle and the wait but it simply wasn't. The cakes served in Swich Café is no doubt unique, but nothing worth raving upon. Despite being new, I seriously think that customer service needs to step up big time. I will not revisit.

Swich Café is located at:
Level G3 Publika Shopping Gallery, Solaris Dutamas.
Operating hours: 10 am - 10 pm, Monday-Sunday

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © . Spicy Sharon - A Malaysian Lifestyle And Food Blog - Posts · Comments
Theme Template by BTDesigner · Powered by Blogger