Jan 26, 2013

Namoo On The Park @ Publika - Korean Fusion?

I every only go to Publika for Fat Boys and The Red Bean Bag, rarely for anything else because I'm a burger freak and breakfast junkie like that. So when my friend wanted to bring me to Namoo, I was a bit hesitant but every so willing to try out a new place.

Namoo On The Park 


Located right at the end of Level G3, Namoo serves a variety of authentic korean food with a modern twist. What's that? Imagine this, Rice cake burger? Exactly what I just said.

Bibi Rice Burger. Rm19.00.


A slice of grilled chicken breast marinated with teriyaki sauce layered with an egg, lettuce and tomato served with 2 chunks of sticky rice bun. I was really stuffed towards the end of the meal.

Bulgogi Beef Burger. Rm19.90.


This burger was a pretty good alternative to the typical beef patty. Come with a serving of fries, salad and kimchi.

Kimchi Soup with Rice. Rm16.90.


The kimchi soup was surprisingly good. It was really spicy but all up to flavor. I would recommend this.

They also served an assortment of desserts with the sweet potato cake being their stand out dessert. I went there twice to try this cake but to no avail, it's always sold out. We decided to opt for the chocolate brownie.

Chocholate Brownie. Rm9+.


I was kind of dissapointed with the dessert. One, they took about 20-25 minutes to serve us this slice of brownie when it can simply be heated up then served within 10 minutes. Two, the brownie was really hard and tough. I need to use a knife to slice through the brownie. This was a huge dissapointment.

Besides that, Namoo also serve a range of 'Specialty Drinks', which are conconctions of spices and herbs and a combination of others.

Cinnamon & Poppy Seed (Rm8.90) and Flower Rice Punch Granita (Rm8.90).


I would not recommend this either. I ended up drinking plain water instead. On a separate ocassion, I gave the Sweet Potato Latter (Rm9.90) a shot, but like the other Specialty drinks, it tasted equally odd.

Overall rating: 6/10 for the unique fushion of korean food and burgers. In my opinion, the rice burger is pretty workable just that the amount of rice that was served, was a bit too much for me. The atmosphere was a plus too. Downgraded because of the drinks and dessert.

I would definitely recommend this for first timers and would probably only come back for a taste of the raved-upon, sweet potato cake. Some may not totally enjoy the combination of ingredients Namoo serves. Hence, do try with an open heart. It's an acquired taste they say.

Namoo is located at:
Level G3, Publika, Solaris Dutamas No 1, Jalan Dutamas 1 Kuala Lumpur, Desa Sri Hartamas, 50480 Kuala Lumpur
+603 6411 6698

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © . Spicy Sharon - A Malaysian Lifestyle And Food Blog - Posts · Comments
Theme Template by BTDesigner · Powered by Blogger