Mar 28, 2013

Opus Bistro @ Jalan Bangkung Bangsar - My 200 Buck Steak

The first time I visited the infamous Bangkung Row, I was there for brunch; specifically to check out the notorious Jarrod and Rawlins breakfast and brunch menu. Little did I know, there was a handful of discretely unique eateries along the likes of Bangkung row.

Opus Bistro

Alongside the likes of Cava and Leonardo's is Opus Bistro. Being known as one of the best Italian Restaurants in Bangsar or perhaps in town, I was pretty excited to see what Opus Bistro has to offer.

I was ushered to the private room located on the second floor despite noting that half of the main restaurant was ample at the point in time. Not complaining of the added privacy nonetheless.


Opus Bistro offers a good selection of Antipasto, Pastas, Mains and Desserts.




I sipped on a glass of Sauvignon Blanc while waiting for the dishes to be served. It took slightly longer than expected needless to say.
 Rm24++ (glass) Rm230++ (bottle)


Opus Speacial Seafood Antipasti Platter. Rm45++.


Consisting of grilled scallops and prawns, fresh clams in white wine sauce, calamari in arrabiatta sauce and slices of lightly toasted bread. The scallops was firm in texture and had a light-toasty taste to it, the prawns was well done and the clams was just bursting with flavors. I would recommend this platter for sharing.

Wagyu Striploin (Marbling No.7) with Pan Fried Foie Gras. Rm198++.


Being one of the higher graded Wagyu striploin around, the meat boost incredible texture and flavor. Cooked medium rare, it was warm through the middle with a hint of red and the top and bottom was lightly charred yet flavorful.

The Foie Gras was commendable. It was rich, creamy and it melts on the tongue. The browning on the surface was done just right and accompanied by my glass of sweet white wine, it was simply a delectable combination.

At a mere 200gm, it was one of the most expensive piece of red meat I've had so far. But did it Wow-ed me? Call me a sceptic but I honored that it was a good slab of meat but it wasn't that memorable per se.

Angel Hair Pasta with Scallops. Rm32++.


Served with capsicum and pine nuts in chardonnay sauce, this pasta dish was equally good. The scallops was cooked just right, not too chewy, just the way I like it. Overall, the dish was quite light, hence, an ideal complement to rich Wagyu main.

Opus Special Tiramisu. Rm16++.




Layered with sponge cake alternating with mascarpone cheese, it was creamy and not too overwhelming. Though I have to say that there was just a bit too much mocha powder on it.

Chocolate Desire. Rm18++.


The baked chocolate cake deserves a thumbs up as well. Crispy on the outside and very moist inside. It was not overwhelmingly rich nonetheless. 

Full Wine List Here and Menu Here.

Overall Rating: 7.5/10. Can't say I'm remotely unbiased on the price paid of the dishes ordered. All in all, the dishes was well up to standard but to tag Opus Bistro as one of the best Italian Restaurants in KL, I shall digress.

Opus Bistro is located at:
67, Jalan Bangkung, Bukit Bandaraya,
Bangsar, 59100 Kuala Lumpur
03 2092 4288


Went to the newly opened Establishment at Changkat after that.






I finally snoozed off at 4.30am and woke up barely 6 hours after for another dose of Noms.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © . Spicy Sharon - A Malaysian Lifestyle And Food Blog - Posts · Comments
Theme Template by BTDesigner · Powered by Blogger