Feb 2, 2013

Jarrod & Rawlins @ Jalan Bangkung Bangsar

I'm such a happy happy girl today. =)

Even before I started sharonfoodescapes, I have been accumulating a list of restaurants that I would like to visit. Today, I managed to tick 2 off. It was a successful feat.

I am a big fan of breakfast/brunch places. I never seemed to get enough of those poached eggs, bacon bits and not to mention the caffeine fix.

Jarrod & Rawlins

J&R is yours truly, British and it was started up about 10 years ago serving authentic, full english breakfast, steaks and pasta dishes and then expanding its deli concept overtime into gastropub concept currently.

Located at a slightly quiter side of Bangsar, Jarrod & Rawlins was not hard to find. Since it was my first time in that area, I noticed there was a couple of other popular eateries along the row of shops. With Midi 57 at the corner, Leonardo's and Opus Bistro was just a few shops away.

I arrived at about 1.30pm and there was only a few tables occupied. From the looks of it, the place can accomodate 15 tables inside and another 5 outside.




Upon ordering, drinks was served within minutes and food came in 10.

J&R Specials. "The Full Works". Rm30.
There is a choice between a la carte and the set (Rm38), which includes coffee/tea and orange juice. The Full Works came with generous slices of bacon, 2 sausages, 2 organic sunny side ups, a tomato, a hashbrown, a serve of grilled mushrooms and baked beans. Also came with 2 slices of toast and butter.
The bacon was grilled to perfection, crispy and chewy. The sausages was juicy and just nice and also the sunny side-ups was well done. What I would prefer though, was more mushrooms and less baked beans. 
Special Spicy Pasta. +/- Rm30.


The special spicy pasta with bacon, mushrooms, leeks and fried anchovies topped with a poached egg and chilli flakes looked very much like the chinese version of pan mee at first sight. Upon mixing everything up, I took a twirl of the pasta it tasted really good. With a tinge of asian influence in it, I was flavorful and the combination actually works.
The Happy Girl =)

Overall Rating: 7/10 for the food and environment. Enjoyed the dishes ordered overall and downgraded because it was way overpriced. In order of full breakfast set preference, I would still go with Antipodean, followed by The Red Bean Bag, then Buffalo Kitchen and last but not least, Jarrod & Rawlins.

Jarrod & Rawlins is located at:
63 Jalan Bangkung
Taman Bandaraya, Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur
03-2095 1608

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © . Spicy Sharon - A Malaysian Lifestyle And Food Blog - Posts · Comments
Theme Template by BTDesigner · Powered by Blogger