Mar 17, 2013

Brotzeit @ Sunway Pyramid - Pork Knuckle?

A couple of things I wanna share.....

First up, my hair is back to a healthy looking dark brown shade Guys! No more ugly looking faded lookin' orangy streaks which looks fantastic under the sun but like dry grass indoors. Browse down to the end of the post for pictures lol.

Anothing thing, I found out that I'm rather intolerant of eating and drinking at the same time, over a meal. By all means, I mean drinking alcoholic beverages. I tend to develop, well.... symptoms of irritable bowel movements thereafter. Okay, that's all.

Brozeit German Bierbar and Restaurant

Often compared with Bavarian Bierhaus, Brotzeit offers world famous German beers accompanied by authentic Bavarian Cuisines in a chic and contemporary setting.

"Brot" being German for bread and "Zeit" referring to a cosy meal complemented by fresh beer. But where's the bread?



Notwithstanding, Brotzeit maintains the feel of its signature mural by offering a touch of nostalgia of the typical German restaurants settings, wooden benches and such.

For those on the lookout for delectable German food in Sunway Pyramid, it is strategically located right at the entrance of the mall, along Oasis Boulevard. There is both an indoor and outdoor seating area.

I arrived at about 6.30pm and the place was already half occupied with famished patrons. When I left 2 hours later, the restaurant was operating at full capacity.






There is a wide range of authentic German cuisine, Brotzeit's got to offer. From the infamous German bier, to the typical wursten sausages and not to mention my favorite, schwienshaxn or commonly known as pork knuckles.



What's dinning in a German restaurant without German Bier? (In which I later regretted my statement).

Rm60.00 (4 bottles)


Hopf Ice.


A drink for the ladies.
Salvator.

With an alcoholic content of about 7.9%, this full bodied bier tasted a little like bitter-sweet soda water.


Brotzeitflade Bayern / Ham Pizza. Rm32++.


The Fladen is one of Brotzeit's specialities. Topped on a very thin layer of bicsuit-like crust, belly bacon, leg ham, green and red bell peppers, cocktail onions, mushrooms, tomato sauce and sprinkled with mozzarella cheese.

I enjoyed the pizza with it being considerably light compared to the conventional pizza. However, the crust simply wasn't crisp enough for my liking.

Schwienshaxn / Pork Knuckles. Rm85++.

This generous portion of pork platter is meant to feed 2-3 persons but I reckon the portion could feed 4-5. There is also the ultimate Brotzeit platter consisting of pork knuckle, pork sausages, pork schintzel and 2 other sides of choice, suitable for bigger groups.


Crispy hind shank of grain fed pork served with potato salad, sauerkraut and homemade sauce on the side.


The pork was lean and juicy, cooked to perfection. The pork skin crackled as I starting chewing on it, remarkably crunchy and to die for. The sauerkraut (preserved sour cabbage) was not too sour and tangy though I must say the potato salad was lacking in a bit of dressing as it was close to tasteless after having binge through the pork delights.

Nom Nom Nom




After sitting through one of the fatest hair coloring session I've had. 2 hours.
As promised, a picture of me and my new hairdo.



Overall Rating: 8/10 for the pork knuckle. I rated Brotzeit slightly higher than Bavarian Bierhaus simply because the latter's pork skin did not have enough 'crackle' to it and the pork was not as juicy as that of the former. I would definitely return.

Brotzeit is located at:
OB.K4 Oasis Boulevard
Sunway Pyramid Shopping Mall
3 Jalan PJS 15/11
Bandar Sunway
46150 Petaling Jaya
Selangor
+603 5638 5516/7 and +603 56385515

2 comments:

  1. i think i had enuff of my share of the pork knuckle, but if this one is rly as good as u said. then, let's go!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! real good! well - one of the better version ive had =)

      Delete

 
Copyright © . Spicy Sharon - A Malaysian Lifestyle And Food Blog - Posts · Comments
Theme Template by BTDesigner · Powered by Blogger