Jun 5, 2013

Ooh My Gas (OMG) @ Pavilion KL - Melting!

Still feeling extremely groggy and lethargic after my short trip to Hatyai-Penang over the long weekends, please bare with me while I struggle to stay awake - over a cup of double shot Americano that is. 

I'm also in the midst of compiling photographs from my Makan journey in both places, so stay tune for some yummy goodness in the later posts.

O.M.G!

A friend first told me about OMG ages ago, but I haven't gotten around to checking it out despite it being just a stones throw away from where I work. Finally about a weeks back, I decided to get off my lazy bum and checked out one of the most popular dessert place in Pavilion.

The infamous Ooh My Gas - Liquid nitrogen Ice cream opened its doors at Pavillion in early 2013, known for its unique approach of using liquid nitrogen to produce intensely fine Ice cream.



 OMG is hidden right below the escalators at the same level as the food court.




Even after 6 months, the hype for O.M.G! doesn't look like it's gonna die off anytime soon. I decided to join the crowd this time round, like all the excited patrons there - I was extremely eager to sample. 


Ordering might seem a little complicated for first timers - Choose your base + Select your flavor + Pick your topping. Undecided - I opt for the pre-fix top pick of the week instead.

We waited for a good hour before our order was taken and was told that it could take as long as another hour for collection. Bummer. I will definitely be running late for my next appointment but all that - I thought, might as well.


The whole saga of churning out an ice cream within a minute don't quite seem to play well here. With only one number being called every 5 minutes even though there was 4 machines operating at one time - this could take forever.

I was extremely fascinated with the whole ice cream making process nonetheless.





I decided to go for a walk instead of hanging around. When I returned after an hour, I was a few just a few numbers short. Talk about fabulous time management *fans self*.

 
While I waited, I noticed that a sold out sign has been placed on the counter. It was only 7pm mind you, of course I had doubts on their ability to serve.



Before I dive straight into this delicious looking sweet thing, I took great pleasure in looking at the magnificent product that beholds me. It looked incredibly soft and fluffy with generous bits of toppings and was certainly a candy to the eye. I couldn't wait to scoop up this creamy goodness.



Apple Strudel.


Strawberry cheesecake. 



Caramel Macadamia.


I carefully balanced the cups of ice cream on my palm while I stride my way to the food court - gleefully like a child, my ice cream melted as quick as my pace. Droplets of ice cream slid by the sides of the cup within minutes and before I could take my first scoop, my hands were sticky with melted ice cream already.

Overall Rating: 5.5/10. Amongst the lot, I preferred the strawberry cheesecake flavor the most - it was irresistibly creamy and heavenly but quick-melting nonetheless. The Apple strudel and Caramel macadamia was not as flavorful as I expected and ended up tasting a little like vanilla ice cream instead. Apart from that, I shall reiterate that I'm still not a big fan of quick melting versions and would probably not get in Que for another 2 hours for a cup of this. It was yet again, one of those been there done that thing for me this time round.

OMG is located at:
Level 1, Pavilion Shopping Mall, Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur

3 comments:

  1. wow look awesome..shud have try when my office still in pavilion...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Looks' awesome =) Actually okay only la - melted so quickly I was rushing to finish it off than enjoy my ice cream slowly =(

      Delete
  2. It looks tempting for dessert lovers like me..hehe..do explore yummy desserts in cafes' and
    restaurant in Penang!

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright © . Spicy Sharon - A Malaysian Lifestyle And Food Blog - Posts · Comments
Theme Template by BTDesigner · Powered by Blogger