Jun 26, 2013

[CLOSED] Lammeeya, Publika Solaris Dutamas


While I mentally prepared myself for another treat of lam mee - I realised I was far from being right once I stepped into Lammeeya (yes, and that's with 2Ms' and 2Es').

Lammeeya

If you've been to Publika numerous times yet havn't spotted Lammeeya, chances are, you've passed it but not see it. It's somewhat unexpected location has rendered it hidden although it's in plain view from the streets, downstairs of Red Bean Bag and a few steps away from Plan B and Dr Café.



Lammeeya serves simple, delightful and tasty Malaysian Chinese cuisine. With 4 unprecedented success stories, Lammeeya is raring to go further when it opened it's doors to its 5th outlet - 8 months ago in Publika.


Part of the Attanggo Group, which also carries Kissaten and soon to open Kissburger (Damansara Uptown) and Bangoya (Kissaten Jaya One Rooftop). Kissaten will also be venturing into some really exciting stuff soon - Japanese High Tea! Excited already? It will make its debut at Kissaten Setia City Mall on the 5th of July 2013.

You see, I have this irresistible urge to try every single restaurant there is in the Klang Valley (possibly or not?) - of course I was psyched when I heard about their new venture.


The pretty ladies behind Lammeeya - See Mun, Bee, Apple.


Ginseng soup. Rm12.80.
The rest of the lots. Rm8.80. 
from top left: radish, ABC, cucumber, lotus, ginseng, watercress

 


Soup - you have to try their Ginseng soup. It was a clear winner for me - hearty, invigorating and packed with thick ginseng aftertaste. The rest was fine - tasted a little dubiously clear for my liking though, personal preference nonetheless.

Individual dishes. Price varies. 



I'm perpetually on the lookout for wholesome home style dishes, hence, I was thrilled to find out that  Lammeeya caters to that too! My pick? Salted egg fried squids and stew pork with potato (one of their best seller). My miss? The egg, it was just a touch too sweet I reckon.

Steamed pork. Rm8.80-Rm9.80.
Lard steam rice. Rm3.00.


The steamed pork dishes were decent but definitely not the best I've tasted. The rice was the best part - fragrant, scrumptious steamed rice topped with a drizzle of sauce and bits of pork lard sprinkled on top.

Bonito and Oyster porridge. Rm16.80.



Also one of my favorites of the day - a comforting and flavorsome pot of porridge topped with bonito flakes and a spoonful of mini oysters, I thought it was a fabulous combination.
Pork leg with vinegar. Rm13.80.

The last time I had pork with vinegar was during last year's Chinese New Year, rarely do I ever get the chance to eat this nor do I ever order this for take outs honestly. Tender chunks of pork soaked in plentiful of vinaigrette sauce, I liked this too.
Original Lam Mee. Rm9.80.

Frankly speaking, I'm not a big fan of soy/black sauce, gravy based fat noodles. Despite my uncanny preferences, I still went ahead and tried out their lam mee. I gobbled down my first fork full and decided to leave the rest untouched - the broth was just too starchy and on the verge of being a little too salty. I shall steer clear of lam mees' from now on.

Duck Egg Char Kuey Tiaw. Rm10.80.


Compared to the classic char kuey tiaw, the use of duck egg usually exudes more flavours into the dish. I thought the idea was fabulous - the dish came out tasty and flavourful but I would tweak the noodles to be a little less wet nonetheless.

Soya Sauce with Oil Cheong Fun. Rm6.80.


I have never eaten chee cheong fun like this before - oh, was I eager to sample. Upon mixing the entire dish up, each slice of cheong fun has to be eaten with bits of dried shallots and green chilli. My call? Tasted like a bland version of the classic chee cheong fun. Least to say, my taste buds' probably not accustomed to this.

 Char Siew Bun and Coconut Bun. Rm3.50.



Ice Kacang and Cendol.



Drinks.


Probably not your typical yumcha hotspot but seriously, why not? Lammeeya carries a pretty awesome array of drinks - from sugar free mix-to-blend juices to hot and iced coffees.

Wrapping up.....
OOTD.

Vainpot.
Me and Audrey.
And this - taken right before Butter on the same day.
And last but not least, Chiee at work. I love this shot of her!

 

Overall Rating: 6.5/10. If you are looking for hassle free, home-style tasty food, then this place is definitely worth popping by.

Full menu Here.

Lammeeya is located at:
A4-G2-07, Level G2, Solaris Dutamas, No.1, Jalan Dutamas 1, 50480 Kuala Lumpur
6206 3835  

There is also 4 other outlets at - Damansara Uptown, Paradigm Mall, 1 Utama and Empire Shopping Gallery.

Right below Red Bean Bag or few steps away from Plan B and Dr Café. To note, Publika has recently tuned up rates for the preferred parking zone. Rm5 for the first 2 hours and Rm2 for the subsequent hours - extremely exorbitant. So, park at the other wing!

2 comments:

  1. At first, when I first heard of Lammeeya, I wasn't impress by it because I was thinking to myself that I could get great Lam Mee at a local Chinese shop for a much cheaper price and nicer taste. One time, I got a voucher for it and decided with my dad to go and eat it to use up the voucher. To my surprise, it was really tasty and the ingredients they use, I would say would be worth the price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes - was an eye opening meal for me too =) din know they have so much other stuff than just lam mee. seriously, I think there oughta be like a name change, branding may have gone sideways there, but who m I to judge =) 5 branches and still going strong =)

      Delete

 
Copyright © . Spicy Sharon - A Malaysian Lifestyle And Food Blog - Posts · Comments
Theme Template by BTDesigner · Powered by Blogger