May 12, 2013

Pork Noodles @ Kean Fatt SS3 PJ - Too Flat For Me

What a great way to start lunch on a scorching hot and sunny Saturday!

Eating hawker food at an old style coffee shop is one of life's simplest pleasures. Its always noisy, crowded and impending on the border of chaos, but we always have a good time - shouting across the table and minding our own business.

I havn't been doing much of that since I started work in a mall, so I've made it a point to retain some of my weekends sampling authentic Chinese hawker food.

Kean Fatt

Kean Fatt coffeehouse have been around for years - even before I was born I reckon. Situated along the row of shop lots behind Taman Bahagia LRT station and occupying the corner lot, it was no sweat locating this place though parking could be a huge hassle.


Deemed to have one of the best pork noodles in PJ, I've been told that average waiting time is about 30 minutes, not as long as Ooi Noodle House nevertheless.

I was running a little late, by the time I was seated, bowls of piping hot, scrumptious looking pork noodles was already laden in front of me - Just in time.



Rm5.50 (Small) Rm6.80 (Large)


The soup was clear and tasty, not too savoury or perhaps even on the verge of being a little bland. The noodles was a bit of a let down. It was already 'fat' when it arrived and no one likes fat noodles.


The small bowl of pork noodles I ordered, came with standard portions of pork bits and innards. I'm a huge fan of innards, so imagine the thrill of gorging on chewy pork intestines and gummy pork liver - Yum! Though this version was lacking in flavour, it was a-okay overall. To note, there's always one or two at the table who doesn't enjoy pork innards and I've always been happy to be the minesweeper.

Overall Rating: 5.5/10. Best pork noodles in PJ or not - I beg to differ. Still prefer the Ooi Noodle House version nevertheless.

Kean Fatt is located at:
2-26 Lorong SS 3/59e, Taman Universiti, 47300 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Open till evenings

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © . Spicy Sharon - A Malaysian Lifestyle And Food Blog - Posts · Comments
Theme Template by BTDesigner · Powered by Blogger