Apr 3, 2013

[CLOSED] Petite Millie, 1 Utama

This shop has been closed down.

I have yet to come across many eateries in KL or PJ that serves 'Poutine', a French-Canadian dish that is typically made with fries and topped with brown gravy and grated cheese. Imagine how ecstatic I was when I found out that Petite Millie actually serves it. I had to give it a shot.

Petite Millie

With its tagline of 'Good food Good company' (I-Agree-Solely), Petite Millie opened its doors in 2010 as part of an extension to their flagship restaurant Millesime, located at Solaris Dutamas.  


A stone's throw away from TGI Fridays, Dave's Cafe and right in front of Pasta Zanmai is a very quaint and contemporary looking, Petite Millie.






Serving mainly modern European cuisine, this restaurant cooks up a storm of Everything-French.


I have to give customer service a #thumbsup. Knowing that we were there to share, the head waiter offered us a bigger table and changed our side plates twice throughout the meal, an additional service you don't get often in a casual dining restaurant.

I'm from Quebac... Poutine. Rm25.90.

This is THE SHIZNIT. 'I'm from Quebac' is the gourmet version of a 'poutine' that comes with a combination of smoked chicken and grilled chicken breast with borlotti beans. The hot gravy was savoury though not too overwhelming and the chicken was just so tender. This was one good hearty meal.
Avocado Crab and Poison Tarte Flambée. Rm26.90.
Topped on a crispy, thin crust pastry, crab meat salad with avocado hash and fish meat sizzled with fragrant thyme, lemon oil and chive. The tarte flambée was light and crispy. Also not forgetting the fresh crabmeat and fish that simply complemented each other.
Smoke Salmon and New Potato Tartine. Rm30.90.

Generous chunks of smoked salmon on the tartine was enough to win my heart over. The sourdough bread was crusty on the edges yet still slightly moist in texture. I reckon there was tad too much salad in the tartine. Lay on the salmon and not the salad please!

Millie's Lemonade. Rm10.


A concoction of sprite and syrup topped with vanilla ice cream was the ideal thirst quencher.

Mint Lemonade. Rm13.


The mint lemonade on the other hand looked too artificial in my opinion.

 On a unrelated note, My face is getting chubbier and chubbier as the day goes by.

 

Overall Rating: 8/10. Being the only casual French restaurant in 1 Utama, I was quite pleased with food and services rendered. I would definitely return for the Beef Cheek Poutine that I missed this time round.

(I was quite dissapointed that one of Petite Millie's signature dishes, the Beef Cheek Poutine was not yet available while I was there for lunch. I was told that it takes a good 6 hours to just to braise the beef cheek. So, for those wanting to try this dish, do come slightly later during the day).

Petite Millie is located at:

Lot G 146, Ground Floor, 1 Utama Shopping Centre 47800 Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
03-7732 0395
rsvp@petite-millie.com

4 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, i think this restaurant has closed down.. I was there last week and it's not opened.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, pitty. Food was not bad at all. Thanks for informing! =)

      Delete
  2. go try miam miam. same location in One u .. very worth trying~

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright © . Spicy Sharon - A Malaysian Lifestyle And Food Blog - Posts · Comments
Theme Template by BTDesigner · Powered by Blogger