Apr 15, 2013

O & S Restaurant @ Taman Paramount PJ

I am still in search of the best hawker delights around town albeit my not so joyous affair in the past and in light with my recent overspending in Italian and French haute cuisine, I shall refrain to some local fanfare instead.

Kedai Makanan O&S Restaurant

Being touted as 'the' go-to hawker centre that serves the best prawn mee and the best chee cheong fun in PJ, I have to admit that I came with high expectations.

Located not far off from Giant Taman Paramount, it took a couple of turns and U-turns before we finally found this place.




It was undeniably that the Prawn Mee stall was the highlight of all. With literally every single table having ordered at least one bowl of prawn mee, with me not being an exception.


Penang Prawn Mee. Rm4.50/Rm5.50.


The Penang famous prawn mee stall is run by two old man presumably in their 60's assisted by an Indonesian helper. Noodles arrived within minutes of ordering. Speed from these guys can literally beat the fast food chains hands down.

The chilli-oil slicked soup was flavourful yet it did not tasted too savoury, unlike many other MSG laden prawn noodles. What I really liked about this version is the so-very-sweet prawns, even my friend commended on it. That said, I was not entirely in awe.

Penang Chee Cheong Fun. Rm2.80.


This simple breakfast staple consisting of steamed rice rolls topped with savoury brown sauce (shrimp paste) and garnished with dried shallots and sesame seed has always been one of my childhood favourites.

The first thought that sprung to mind was how delicately smooth the rice noodles were; it was thin and consistent in texture. However, the sauce tasted slightly off; it was savoury but was lacking in the shrimp paste aftertaste. I was not entirely in awe either.

Overall Rating: 5/10. The meal was pretty decent though I have to say that I've tasted better.

Restoran O&S is located at:
39, Jalan 20/14, Paramount Garden, 46300 PJ

6 comments:

  1. Your post is really well written and insightful. Glad I found your website, warm regards from me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thanks for reading =)

      Delete
    2. Hi... Thanks for those info. ..may I know the business hour roughly? Thanks

      Delete
    3. Can't be too sure. I didn't notice a signboard anywhere.

      But I did see them packing up at about 3pm. So I guess its open from early to 3pm? Safest to go during lunch though =)

      Delete
  2. Woohooo....thanks alot.... going there right now. .. thanks again. ..

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright © . Spicy Sharon - A Malaysian Lifestyle And Food Blog - Posts · Comments
Theme Template by BTDesigner · Powered by Blogger