Apr 27, 2013

Caffeinees @ Kampung Pandan KL - Shisha?

Since the night was still young after our very wholesome meal at NEO Tamarind, we decided to head to Caffeiness for a dessert treat. 

Chateau De Caffeiness
Set in a colonial-style bungalow, Chateau De Caffeiness has been around for quite awhile and is deemed as one of the favourite hotspot in KL, especially amongst the young.

We arrived at about 10.30pm together with a frenzy of the Saturday night yumcha crowd. Parking were scarce despite the not so strategic location.





Also very well known for its shisha escapades, the scent of strawberry flavoured aroma coming from the shisha pipes was clearly evident in the air.


The massive but modest open-air setup at the back of the restaurant was already bustling with activity that night, mainly for the shisha lovers.



Menu offers a fusion range of Eastern and Western dishes, including burgers, sandwiches, pastas and desserts to just name a few.




Though customer service was not top notch, food was prompt to arrive.

Cheese Baked Nachos. Rm12.00.



The nachos was lightly toasted and very crisp at the edges. Besides that, there was nothing I found particularly praiseworthy of this dish. The garnish looked like sad leftovers from a cucumber-only salad and the serving of melted cheese was extremely stingy and tasted explicitly stale.

Banana Waffle. Rm16.00.



One look at this dessert - made me salivate; definitely looked like an extremely appetizing treat. The bananas served was soft and just ripe, the thick chocolate sauce was not too overwhelming sweet and just the way I like it. The supposed centrepiece of the dish though - the waffles, was an utter let-down. It was dry, chewy and bland. I figured Tesco would carry better quality home brand than that.

Vitamin C. Rm10.00.



From its name, I was expecting a glass of chilled orange and lemon juice. So, I was quite happy when a glass of ice blended version was served instead. Barely few sips into my drink, all hopes instantly diminished - yet again. The drink was very watered down and virtually tasteless.

Earl Grey. Rm8.00.



Caffeinees Latte. Rm8.00.



Overall Rating: 5/10. I will not revisit.

Caffeiness is located at:  
No. 16, Jalan Kampung Pandan, 55100 Kuala Lumpur

03-9284 6686

3 comments:

  1. I do not understand exactly how I ran across your blog because I had been researching information on Real Estate inWinter Springs, FL, but anyway, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading it, keep it up! puffingbird.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's really cool blog. Linking is very useful thing.you have really helped shisha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for a very interesting blog. What else may I get that kind of info written in such a perfect approach? I’ve a undertaking that I am simply now operating on, and I have been at the look out for such info. Shisha Delivery

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright © . Spicy Sharon - A Malaysian Lifestyle And Food Blog - Posts · Comments
Theme Template by BTDesigner · Powered by Blogger