Feb 25, 2013

SS20 Fish Head Noodle @ Damansara Kim

So, I decided to dedicate at least one day a fortnight to scouting for the best stand alone, local cuisine up and around on town. Scrap weekdays since I'm always stuck at work and am left with weekends only, not too hard a feat to achieve I suppose.

SS20 Fish Head Noodle

After numerous recommendations and browsing through a couple of blog reviews, I decided to head over to SS20 Fish Head Noodle.

Situated 5 minutes away from Tropicana City Mall, stone throw from Euro Deli and at the same row as Extra Super Tanker, this place is not hard to locate.



I noticed that there wasn't much on the menu and since it was my first time there, I requested for the boss to recommend.


The boss first asked the type of Fish I preferred and I went with the Haruan Fish since it had a chef's thumbs up on the menu. My friend went for the Soong Fish. He then went on to ask the type of noodles preferred and recommended that we go for the milky soup base as it has more flavor compared to the clear version.



Soong Fish Head Noodles. Rm9.50.


My bowl of Haruan Fish noodles came with fine bee hoon and milky soup base.


At first sight, I was quite happy with the portion served. A big bowl of noodles with 5-6 chunks of haruan fish. Little did I know, it was full of bones and only 2 slices had a decent mouth full of flesh on it. That said, the fish was cooked well and the flesh was smooth.

I was however, quite disappointed with the milky soup base. As expected, it was a bit sour but there wasn't much flavors to it. It was sour and bland. I had to add a good dose of soy sauce to it.

Haruan Fish Head Noodles. Rm11.00.


My friend had the same verdict on the soup base, it was sour and bland. However, he was quite happy with the generous portion of Soong fish served in his bowl of noodles. The fish was fleshy and smooth.

Overall Rating: 5/10 for the environment and prompt customer service. Food wise, I think the soup base was a huge disappointment coupled with the fact that the fish was full of bones. Compared with Win Soon Cafe, SS2 which I wrote a review on some time back, I would definitely prefer the latter. This is definitely not the best fishhead noodle in town as acclaimed by many. I will not revisit SS20 Fish Head Noodle anytime soon.

SS20 Fish head noodle is located at:
Gerai 20, SS20/10, Damansara Kim, 47400 Petaling Jaya 
012-628 8896

Situated 5 minutes away from Tropicana City Mall, stone throw from Euro Deli and at the same row as Extra Super Tanker, this place is not hard to locate.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Sharon, my name is Gary. The restaurant is run by my family. I read your blog and apparently I noticed that there was a mistake on the two bowls you posted. The Haruan fish slice is the one with lesser bones (mostly without) and the Soong fish is the one with 2 pieces of head and 2 pieces of meat, which have quite some fine bones.

    Come by another day and try. If you need any thing, feel free to call me at 012-2351997. But please kindly recorrect on your blog. Thank you =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Whoops. Apologies for the mixed up. Already corrected. Thanks for the heads up. =)

      Delete

 
Copyright © . Spicy Sharon - A Malaysian Lifestyle And Food Blog - Posts · Comments
Theme Template by BTDesigner · Powered by Blogger