Feb 28, 2013

German Deli Imbiss @ Ampang KL

I'm usually not very adventurous when it comes to trying out new places during workdays. Simply because everything seemed to be going on in such a rush and knowing that I wouldn't be able to truely enjoy my food, I always stick to my usual takeaway.

When it comes to German food, it is often associated with Pork Knuckle, Bratwurst, Sauerkraut and German beer. I admit that I've done my German-Rounds in Bavarian Bierhaust, Euro Deli and the likes.

So when my colleague told me about this Halal German Restaurant in town, I decided to give it a shot.

German Deli Imbliss 

At a small food court situated right behind the Petronas gas station house German Deli Imbliss, together with a couple of other local restaurants including Mcdonalds as well.

German Deli Imbliss adopts the fast food concept and is known for its fabulous burgers and halal sausages. I was told that the owner actually runs a frozen food factory in Malaysia as well.

I arrived at about 1pm for lunch and the place was still relatively empty at that time. There was no hassle when it comes to looking for seats but searching for parking spots outside may be a hassle. 



Ranging from premium german sausages, bosna hotbocks to fish and chips and dessert, they have quite a lot to offer in their menu.





While waiting for our food, one of the staff there started mopping the floor. On the plus side, I would give thumbs up to cleanliness but on the downside, the detergent stank and it made me lose my appetite a little. Furthermore, the same staff who was mopping was doing the serving as well. So much for cleanliness per se.

Chicken Currywurst and French Fries. Rm12.00.



The 7" Chicken Currywurst served with a tangy tomato based currysauce was light, tangy but flavorful.

XL Wiggy. Rm8.90.



Layered between 2 slices of toasted soft bun was a juicy beef patty served with gherkin, onion, tomato and crisp lettuce topped with mustard sauce. The beef patty was juicy, chunky and it was very filling.

XL Mushroom Wiggy. Rm10.50.



I ordered this. Save the last one for the fat one they say.

At first sight, the burger looked generously massive and apetizing. Between two toasted buns was a chunky beef pattie, mixed mushroom stew and the usual salad. Slightly below the premium tag, the beef patty was chunky, juicy and not too dense, I was quite happy with it.

On the other hand, the beef bacon that came with it was a bit dry in terms of texture but tasted decent. Though I must say, the color of it was a huge turn off. It looked artificial and as if it has been sitting on the side of the stove for quite a while and regrilled numerous times. Also, the mushroom stew was seriously lacking in taste granting that the flavors of the beef patty probably overpowered the subtleness of the mushroom.

I managed to finish my burger with the exception of the toasted white buns which is basically the same buns that Ramly Burger stalls uses.

1L Bavarian Mug of Rootbeer. Rm5.50.



Three of us shared this 1L drink. What I like about it was that the rootbeer wasn't too sweet, just the way I like it. But it could also mean that it was diluted.

Overall Rating: 6/10. Though the critique, the meal was decent overall for the price paid. The essential aspect of a burger, the patty, was still quite pleasant despite the subpar fillings.

Very far fetched from being authentically German, German Deli Imbiss definitely does not serve one of the most fabulous burgers in Malaysia but if you are looking for a fast food concept restaurant which serves decent German food and is value for money, this is it. I may return to have a dose of their bratwurst but probably not anytime soon.

Full Menu is available Here.

German Deli Imbiss is located at:
Lot 36904, Jalan Kolam Air Lama,
Taman Ahmad Dato' Razali,
68000 Ampang
03-42513078

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © . Spicy Sharon - A Malaysian Lifestyle And Food Blog - Posts · Comments
Theme Template by BTDesigner · Powered by Blogger