Jan 26, 2013

Yut Kee @ Jalan Dang Wangi

My Indonesian friends came to visit and was asking me to bring them to somewhere that serves western food but authentically Malaysian. Can you actually see the beta one correlation there?

Upon recommend by one of my friends, we decided to head to Yut Kee, an apparent veteran in the kopitiam scene.

Yut Kee


Yut Kee is one of the oldest running kopitiam in KL city. Currently being managed by the third generation of the family, the place still carries the exterior of a traditional kopitiam. The old-time radio was still sitting in one corner and the grumpy old fan sitting in the other.

You have to wait in line to get a seat, especially in the mornings.

Hainanese Pork Chop. Rm10.00.


A crowd favorite, the deep fried chicken chop was slightly charred but was really juicy on the inside. The sides include potato wedges and some frozen pea, carrots and onions, dipped in generous amount of gravy. Personally, this combination did not tantalize my tastebuds and I found just okay.

Pork Bun. Rm7.50.


I had higher expectations for this dish since I noticed that most tables had a plate of this. The shreded pork and onion fillings was just a bit bland and there wasn't flavor in it.

Yut Kee Beef Noodles. No raincheck.


My friend claims that her bowl of noodles was full of flavors and delicious.

Drinks. Rm2.50++.

Overall Rating: 5/10. I find this place way overrated and many have said that it's dishes wasn't as good as before. Also, parking spaces were hard to find. I will only revisit to try the infamous roast pork roll.

Yut Kee is located at:
35 Jalan Dang Wangi 50100 Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur
03-2698 8108

Open 8am to 5pm Closed on Mondays and the last Sunday of the month

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © . Spicy Sharon - A Malaysian Lifestyle And Food Blog - Posts · Comments
Theme Template by BTDesigner · Powered by Blogger