Jan 23, 2013

Umai-Ya Japanese Restaurant @ KLCC

25/6/2011

Umaiya is the type of restaurant which I walk pass everyday (coz I work in KLCC and all...) without exactly having the need to go try out what it has to offer.

But since Sher Reen was in town and I think it was She who wanted to try this place out, I decided to give it a go. We were there for early dinner / tea and was just gonna order enough to nibble on before hunger pangs for a larger dinner kicks in.

It was basically a catch-up session for all 4 of us since Sher Reen no longer resides in Malaysia (sadly). First time meeting up with Wan Yin's since the start of  her new job and first time seeing Din since our trip to New Zealand a few years back. As for Hanaa, I see her all the time.

Umai-Ya






And finally, a picture of me and the girls. Thanks Din for capturing the shot =)

Overall Rating: 6.5/10. I don't have much comments on the food per se, since I only ate what I ordered, which was the salmon skin salad. Being a big salmon skin fan, I love this. Salad was fresh and dressing was decent. The salmon skin was deep fried to crisp and at the same time not saturated with too much oil. But frankly speaking, it doens't get you anywhere near-full. It was suppose to be an apetizer only anyway.

Food was good because company was good. If I were to pick between the 2 Japanese restaurant in KLCC, I would very much prefer Yuzu over Umaiya. (Sorry, should've taken pictures of Yuzu when I was there, shall do next time)

Umaiya is located at:
Suria Klcc Jalan Ampang, Parkson Suria KLCC, 50088 Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur 
03-2161 3939

1 comments:

  1. You made some clear points there. I did a search on the subject and found most people will go along with with your site.

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright © . Spicy Sharon - A Malaysian Lifestyle And Food Blog - Posts · Comments
Theme Template by BTDesigner · Powered by Blogger