Jan 23, 2013

Ten On Call @ KL Convention Center

5/6/2011

Was invited for the "Flavours of Ramadhan" at TenOnCall, KL Convention Center by one of my colleague. It was a rather candid and casual affair which was suppose to run from 11.30am to 2.30pm, work did not permit me to stay that long nonetheless. This Ramadhan food selection is only going to be available in August, good riddance on way forward planning.



Since this is not my first time having to dine at TenOnCall, I'm fairly familiar with the selection of dishes available there on most typical days. There was a selection of the normal TenOnCall delicacies like the salad bar and dessert bar. I've always enjoyed the salad bar delicacies, with the occasional serving of Oysters and Scallop, my all time favorite.





For the purpose of the Ramadhan Food tasting session, there was also an array of stalls set up, ranging from Arabic, Oriental and Indian to Goreng-goreng and Ice kacang stalls.

The line up of Malay dishes



The Goreng-Gorengan Selections. I've always enjoyed my goreng-goreng delicacies.




The Arabic Selections.With grilled deer meat and lamb being the main course of the Arabic stall. Suffice to say, I did not see the typical MDE dishes ie. Kebab-Hommus-Shish-Cous Cous. There wasn't much choice from what I saw.




The Indian Selections.






The Oriental Selections.


The Ice Kacang Selections. A bit too bland for my liking. The filling is actually at the bottom on the ice kacang, but portion wasn't generous nonetheless.


Overall Rating 6/10 for the food, environment and location. The selection of disehs was enough but lacking of typical and popular Malay street food like Ayam percik, Nasi Kerabu, Bubur kacang on the menu and considering the price per head for this buffet spread, I reckon they can expand the menu selection. If memory serves me right, it cost Rm99++ per head.

Ten On Call is located at:
Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre Jalan Ampang, 50088 Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur
03-2333 2888

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © . Spicy Sharon - A Malaysian Lifestyle And Food Blog - Posts · Comments
Theme Template by BTDesigner · Powered by Blogger