Jan 29, 2013

Say Huat Restaurant @ Section 17 PJ

Honestly speaking, I rarely go to hawker centers anymore.

I used to go to Meng Tien in Taman Megah quite a fair bit when I was younger. As I got older and after I stepped into the corporate world, I usually head right home after work because I'm usually exhausted thereafter. For dinner, there's always the trustworthy caterer, who delivers food to my doorstep everyday. 

I do still occasionally visit Hawker Centers over lunch on weekends but I don't think it's an ideal place to hang out nonetheless, being Generation Y like that.

Upon recommendation, I decided to drop by Say Huat for some Hawker fan-fare.

Say Huat

The name of this restaurant reminds me of 'say what, say what, whaddayasay'.

Anyway, located right in front of the Section 17 morning markets, Say Huat is situated in a corner shop lot, next to 99 Mart.

Robert Char Kuey Teow. Rm5.50 (L).


It took awhile for this dish to arrive, uncle was a very busy man. The smaller version costs Rm4.50.

The dish came with a few prawns, slices of Chinese sausage and cockles. Taste wise, it was slightly less-saltier compared to the other CKT I've tried and also less-oily, a plus for me. Preference wise, I still prefer the stall in Sun Hin Loong, Ss2 Square.

Porridge. Rm4.50.


Topped with generous amount of shallots and century egg, this bowl of thick porridge was really good. Extras cost additional Rm1, in this case, we ordered extra yao zha guai. Taste wise, the porridge itself was smooth and savory. Once mixed together with the shallots, it tasted even better.Unfortunately, I did not order this with the must-try pork intestine since we were sharing and my friends did not like eating innards.

Overall Rating: 7/10. The Robert Chow Kuey Tiaw was pretty standard to me though many has claimed that it is one of the best chow kuey tiaw around. On the other hand, the Porridge tasted better than expected. If you like thick porridge, this is for you.

Say Huat is located at:
995 Jalan 17/40, Seksyen 17, Petaling Jaya, Selangor.

3 comments:

  1. That is the suitable weblog for anyone who wants to seek out out about this topic. You realize so much its nearly onerous to argue with you (not that I actually would need…HaHa). You positively put a brand new spin on a subject thats been written about for years. Nice stuff, just nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. as of 29-SEPT-2013 : Robert’s CKT Section 17, not as good as before, quality drop a lot, the prawn no longer juicy fresh, but in fact give u a normal small prawn like the size of your 20cents, price increased RM5 for small, RM5.50 for big, portion is small as well, siham given less than 5 biji…if wanna a good quality CKT, this one is a big NO NO already…not recommended anyway!

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright © . Spicy Sharon - A Malaysian Lifestyle And Food Blog - Posts · Comments
Theme Template by BTDesigner · Powered by Blogger