Jan 29, 2013

Sam Hadramawt @ Kelana Jaya


The first time I tried looking for Sam Hadramawt, I had difficulties locating the exact location of the restaurant. I had to park and walk around the area to look for it. The shop signboard is located at the Kelana Mall exit side. So, if you're driving in from the Kelana junction, it is the 3rd or 4th shop after your turning from the junction. Needless for my unconditional effort, it was not open though its website clearly states that they do.

The second attempt was because of unexpected weather conditions. It started pouring heavily when I was driving over. What luck I have with this place.

Sam Hadramawt

Situated a few shops away from Kelana Mall and at the opposite block next to mini Giant in Kelana Jaya, this shop is really not that hard to find.

It was about 4pm. Sam Hadramwat was relatively empty when I got there. There were a few other middle eastern patrons occupying some of the tables.

Arabic salad. Rm8. Hommus. Rm8.

Arabic salad is a simple combination of cucumbers, tomatoes and parsley seasoned lightly with pepper and salt. On the other hand, the Hommus wass served with flatbread. I quite like the combination of apetizers that was served. The salad was a healthy start and seasoned well and the hommus was pretty good too. The consistency was there with a tinge of mild saltiness.

Chicken Kebab. Rm15.00.


Chicken Kebab comes with lettuce, tomato, cucumber and tahini. Also comes with a serving of fries and chilli and tahini sauce on the side. I was quite dissapointment with my dish. It was very bland and there wasn't much flavor or taste in the kebab nor was the fillings apetizing at all.

Shish Tawouk. Rm15.00.

Boneless chicken marinated in olive oil and lemon. Frankly speaking, both of the kebabs taste the same, be it marinated with a different type of sauce or not.

I also tried the Vimto Blackcurrent drink. It was just way too sweet and tasted just like blackcurrent cordial.

Overall Rating: 5.5/10. I was pretty dissapointed with my kebab and shish tawouk. It was just way too bland for my tastebuds. I will not return.

Sam Hadramawt is located at:
No.23, Ground Floor, Jalan SS6/12, 47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan
603-7886-9696
Daily: 11.30am - 11.30pm

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © . Spicy Sharon - A Malaysian Lifestyle And Food Blog - Posts · Comments
Theme Template by BTDesigner · Powered by Blogger