Jan 27, 2013

Restaurant Sunrise @ Sea Park PJ - Used To Be One Of The Best...

I've always seen people gathering outside Sunrise every time I drove pass. It must be good I thought. So, there I was on a Saturday afternoon, along with a bunch of eager duck-eaters, waiting to be served.

Sunrise

The setting of this restaurant is just like any other typical chinese coffee shop. Wooden tables and chairs, a ceilling fan which somehow doesn't really do much good to the sweaty patrons while they anxiously waited for their food and not to mention the elevated noise levels. Oh how I miss coffee shops.

One whole roast duck costs Rm42 and Rm25 for half. Vegetables (stir fried chinese cabbage with gravy) costs Rm7. Rice (RM1), Herbal Tea (RM1.20).


Overall Rating: 3/10. Frankly speaking, I was utterly dissapointed with the quality of the duck. The duck was skinny and there wasn't much to share. Furthermore, the meat was a bit tough and did not have much flavor to it. The soup that came with the dish was extremely tasteless, I felt like I was just drinking water from a bowl.

I figured that this place is highly overrated and will not visit again.

On a separate note, one of the better roasted ducks I've had is still the road side stall managed by an old uncle. My mum buys from him every 2 months or so.

The stall is situated right next to the famous ice kacang van, located along the stretch of road leading to Taman Megah/Yuk Chai primary school. Along the LDP, take the first left after passing the overhead bridge, linking the Kelana Jaya LRT station to the row of shops. Hope this helps.

Restorant Sunrise is located at:
31, Jalan 21/1, SEA Park, 46300 Petaling Jaya
03-78769689
Opening hours: 11.30am till sold out (Closed Monday)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © . Spicy Sharon - A Malaysian Lifestyle And Food Blog - Posts · Comments
Theme Template by BTDesigner · Powered by Blogger