Jan 23, 2013

Popilla @ Ikano Power Centre

12/6/2010

I love Mexican food to the max and its really hard to find decent Mexican food in Malaysia.

Can't say I'm a connoisseur in Mexican cuisine, but I am no amateur when it comes to Mexican food. I dabbled in the F&B industry for 3 years, part time that is, when I was in Australia. My taste buds was bred in Mexican and Kebab delicacies throughout those 3 years and I fell in love with Mexican food ever since.

Chillies is one of the more well known franchise for American-Mexicanc cuisine, which is pretty good most times.  I've also tried Frontera, which wasn't impressive at all, so to speak and also Fresca.

I couldn't help it when I spotted a tiny stall called Popilla, which serves Mexican tapas. Tacos, Nachos, and Burritos in particular.  Its located right in front of Cold storage, smack in the middle of New Zealand Natural and Famous Amos. Its always nice to grab a takeaway taco or 2 at a slightly cheaper price rather then paying a la cart in a restaurant.


Tried  the taco and burrito and also had the cheesy nachos. There's close to 10 choices for tacos, likewise for burritos and some other starters.

Only have picture of the popi beef taco I had. Beef + lettuce + sour cream + cheese + chillie sauce + mustard sauce + avocado sauce. The beef was a bit too dry. Can I say all rounder fail because the main component of the dish was graded downwards?


Nachos was real nice. rm4.90 for one serving but a whopping rm8.90 for additional jalapenos.


Overall Rating: 4/10. I would only eat this again if I were to have seriously-unavoidable Mexican food cravings. Prices of tacos range from rm4.50 to rm4.90 (I think) per taco. Burrito cost slightly more at rm7.50 to rm13.90 for the salmon taco.

Popilla is located at various locations:
G12, Ground Floor,. Ikano Power Centre. No 2, Jalan PJU 7/12,. Mutiara Damansara, Selangor.
KLCC The Signature Food Court+60 12-382 0292
Lot P1.11.01, Pavilion KL, 168, Jalan Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur, Bukit Bintang, 55100
012-270 4314

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © . Spicy Sharon - A Malaysian Lifestyle And Food Blog - Posts · Comments
Theme Template by BTDesigner · Powered by Blogger