Jan 28, 2013

Pho Hoa @ The Curve - Vietnamese Food Anyone?

I was exposed to a lot of Vietnamese food when I was staying in Australia. I enjoyed my pho, bun thit nuong and not forgetting, rice paper rolls. I even made it my staple and rolled my own last time.

I just got back from Vietnam barely a month ago. I was so engrossed in trying all sorts of dishes from restaurant as well as the never ending quest for mouthwatering street food. It was quite enlightening to see that close to half of what I ate in Vietnam is not very commercialized outside the country. For instance, the spicy and sour short rice noodles topped with crab meat, dried shrimp and coagulated blood was one of the most memorable dishes I had there and I don't see it anywhere here.

Pho Hoa

Despite being dinner time, there wasn't many patrons in Pho Hoa when I visited. There's about 30-odd tables in this place and is air conditioned.

This place is non-Halal.

Bún Thịt Nướng Chả Giò. +/- Rm15.


Grilled Pork and Fried Roll served with thin vermicelli noodles and vegetable. The grilled pork and fried roll was decent but the vermicelli noodles was slightly on the drier side and the sweet sour dressing that I was hopping for simply wasn't enough.

Sorry no raincheck.

Thick noodle served with vegetables and seafood. Friend had this and according to him it tasted like kuey-tiaw noodle soup.

Overall Rating: 5.5/10 for the portion but figured they could do better with the sauce. I may return for seconds.

Pho Hoa is located at:
Unit G34, Ground Floor
The Curve, Mutiara Damansara
47800 Petaling Jaya
Selangor Darul Ehsan
603-7725 9880


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © . Spicy Sharon - A Malaysian Lifestyle And Food Blog - Posts · Comments
Theme Template by BTDesigner · Powered by Blogger