Jan 25, 2013

My Elephant @ Sri Hartamas KL - Great Thai Fusion Eats

My colleague has been raving about how scrumptious her thai dinner was at My Elephant some time back. It was inevitable for her to bring my whole team there just to give it a go.

My Elephant

This place is located slightly away from the heart of Sri Hartamas Square and along a slightly quieter street just 5 minutes away. Parking was hassle free. We arrived at the restaurant at about 6.30ish and there was only a few tables occupied.

Since we came in a group of 10, we had the chance to sample a variety of dishes.

myElephants Platter. Rm22.00.


Snow Fish. Rm52.00.


This is one of my Elephant's best seller. Coated in generous amount of salt and my Elephant's signature green chilli sauce then wrapped in aluminium foil, this fish was slow cooked to perfection. The meat was not salty but very succulent. I recall eating a similar dish when I was in a quaint restaurant in Ayutthaya, Thailand.

Papaya salad. Rm10.00.


Hand pounded green papaya mixd with a combination of seafood, nuts and greens and most importantly, the mini dried prawns. This is a must-try. One of my personal favorites.

Thai kang-kung. Rm15.00.


my Elephant Tom Yum Seafood. 2 pax (Rm18) 4 pax (Rm30) 8 pax (Rm55).


This dish will definitely wake you up. Made from aromatic fresh thai herbs, it was really spicy. Please do consume with rice. 

Tom Som. Rm28 for 4 pax.



This is a less spicy version of the tomyum. It is a clear galangal-lemongrass-lime soup with aromatic thai herbs. Also one of my Elephant best sellers and highly recommended to be eaten together with fish. Personally, I prefer the tomyum over this version simply because I perfer my soups to be spicy and sour rather than just sour.

                                                                Red Ruby. Rm6.50.


Mango Sticky Rice. Rm7++.
Mango Cheesecake. Rm7.50.


Durian Cheesecake. Rm9.50.


Though we were all stuffed during the end of the meal, we still managed to stuff ourselves with this delectable dessert. We actually ordered this twice. Basically, its frozen cheesecakes which tasted really similar to ice cream potong. Perhaps we just needed an ice cream fix rather. One of my personal favorites too.

Pandan Cooler. Rm3.50.

Thai citrus tea. Rm8.00.


Overall Raing: 7.5/10 because of the atmosphere and dishes served, especially for their snow fish, papaya salad and the durian cheesecake. Downgraded because ot the location.

Full Menu is available Here.

My Elephant is located at:
Jalan Sri Hartamas 8, Taman Sri Hartamas, Kuala Lumpur.
010-220-1283

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © . Spicy Sharon - A Malaysian Lifestyle And Food Blog - Posts · Comments
Theme Template by BTDesigner · Powered by Blogger