Jan 26, 2013

Morganfields @ Pavilion KL - My Go To Ribs Joint

You can read my updated review Here.

I've often associated ribs and steaks with humungous dish portions which comes hand in hand with massive American appetite and sometimes well, an obese person. That said, I reckon I could do without the carbs than the meat.

Morganfields

Originating from America, Morganfields or also known as 'Home of sticky bones' is located smack in the heart of the Golden Triangle, inside Pavillion KL. To note, there's also another branch in Penang.


The interior settings are very much like a typical ranch restaurant not forgetting its original concept. This place has about 25-30 odd tables.


Obviously the signature dish in Morganfield's is their ribs!

Hickery BBQ Spare Ribs & Steak Combo. Rm55.90.


My 1/2 slab ribs was humungous. The dish also came with a slab of steak, fries (or mashed potatoes or vegetables), coleslaw and pot of BBQ sauce.

Slow cooked and glazed in thick hickery BBQ sauce, my ribs was grilled to perfection, juicy and tender. I really enjoyed my ribs. The 150g sirloin steak on the other hand was overdone eventhough I requeted for medium rare, hence, the slight dissapointment. Anything beyond that, I would find it tough to eat. 

Initially I had doubts on my canny ability to polish-off the plate but surprisingly, I had space to stomach-in my friend's unfinished portion as well. Good riddance.

 Hickery BBQ & Tuscan Baked Spicy Spare Ribs. Rm68.90


 My friend ordered a full slab of ribs. This looks like it was fit-to-eat for a sumo wrestler.

The tucsan baked spicy spare ribs is glazed with spicy tomato sauce and sprinkled with chilli flakes. I kind of like this version as well, it was not that spicy and had a little bit of sweetness in it.


The carnivors that we were.

 BLT Salad. Rm16.90.

Soup of the day. Rm8.90.


The bill came up to about Rm250++.

Overall Rating: 8/10. I had an absolute feast that night. The food was good and the I like the overall environment/decorations too. Compared to Tony Roma's, I would definitely prefer Morganfields.

Full menu available Here.

Morganfields is located at:
C4.03.00, Level 4, Pavilion KL Shopping Mall
03-2141 3192 (KL) 04-2262 487 (PG)
Mon - Sun: 11:00 - 01:00

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © . Spicy Sharon - A Malaysian Lifestyle And Food Blog - Posts · Comments
Theme Template by BTDesigner · Powered by Blogger