Jan 26, 2013

Marini's on 57 @ KLCC

I was invited for the soft launch of Marini's on 57 the day before it was open to public. I vaguely recall that it was on a Thursday and coincidentally I was on leave the day after, thus I was more than happy to go for their free flow.

The Bar




Located right at the deck of Petronas Tower 3, the panaromic glass ceilling boost the view of the iconic Petronas Twin Towers. Brightly litted up after sunset, it was a photogenic scene indeed.

There's 3 sections to Marini's on 57. The first time I was there, only The Bar was open, 2 months later, The italian restaurant opened its doors, followed by The Lounge.



Outfit of the night.


Though drinks were slightly on the higher side, this place boost a fine selection of house wines as well.

Moving on to the restaurant. When I found out that when it finally opened its doors, I knew I had to go give it a try.

The Italian Restaurant

Complimentary

Each table came with complimentary serving of a varienty of italian bread to nibble on before the main dish is served.

Sorry no raincheck. All pasta dishes costs Rm38++ upwards.


I was given a nibble of this by my friend and the tastes surprised me. It was slightly on the saltier side and the pennoni and the seafood was really good. 

Sorry no raincheck. All pasta dishes costs Rm38++ upwards.


I had a taste of this as well. It was okay.

Orecchiette with duck breast and truffle oil. Rm38++.

The orecchiette was full of flavors, the duck breast was cooked to tender and served with generous portions of baby tomatoes. I reckon they could cut down on the olive oil though.
Semifreddo Di Champagne. Rm20++.


Champagne Semifreddo layered with Bavarian mousse, raspberry jelly, rose and lychee cream. I kinda like this more than the tiramisu. It was moist and smooth, not too sweet, the way I like it.

Marini's Tiramisu. Rm20++.


One of Marini's signature desserts. Tiramisu with espresso, rum, savoiardi biscuit topped with strawberry and white chocolate. Yet again, pretty standard.

A last picture of myself. =)


Overall Rating: 6/10. An upgrade for the awesome environment and a plus when there's a bar next door. There's always enough room for some drinks. Downgraded because the italian dishes I tried was just on-par and nothing amazing.

The experience here was a good one nonetheless. Despite the quite-standard food and portion served. It's never a waste to try a new place out. Never try never know right?

Marini's on 57 is located at:
Level 57, Menara 3 Petronas
Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur
03-2161 2880

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © . Spicy Sharon - A Malaysian Lifestyle And Food Blog - Posts · Comments
Theme Template by BTDesigner · Powered by Blogger