Jan 29, 2013

Hock Thai @ SS2 PJ

I used to live nearby the Taman Sea primary school. So did my grandparents, uncles, aunties, cousin brother, cousin sister.... to just name a few. Well, practically 'my whole family' lives nearby the vicinity of each other. Thus, our favorite takeaway spot was the row of shops located along the ss2/103 road, simply because it was near like that. I still vaguely remember my precious ice cream trips to the sundry shop somewhere along the same row of shops when I was still a child.

Then, I shifted away.


So happen my Aunty was in the area the other day and I was being a real bum at home, refusing to budge even to eat and all, she was nice enough to do a takeaway for me. Thank You! Best Aunty ever.

Hock Thai

Sarawak Kolo Mee. Rm5.00.


This delicious bowl of noodles is sprinkled with pork bits and shallots and served with slices of BBQ pork. Contrary to most kolo mee that I've eaten, this version is slightly on the drier side. It was starting to clump up when I took it out from the plastic bag. That said, the dish was flavorsome and satisfying. Also, like any other bowl of kolo mee, its best to be eaten with green chilli. The spicy-sourness of it adds the extra oomph to the bowl of noodles.

Overall Rating: 7/10. With hearsay of being one of the best sarawak kolo mee around, I somewhat approve. However many of my native Sarawakian friends insists that there's better versions around town. If you like the drier version of Sarawak Kolo Mee, this is for you.

Hock Thai is located at:
Hock Thai Seafood Restaurant Jalan SS2/103, Petaling Jaya, Selangor 47300

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea? you used to run the shop?
      Awesome pawsome.
      I'm sure I've eaten some of your 'hard work' then =)

      Delete
  2. I think that time the kolo mee is not yet, haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. royal online

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright © . Spicy Sharon - A Malaysian Lifestyle And Food Blog - Posts · Comments
Theme Template by BTDesigner · Powered by Blogger