Jan 25, 2013

Fresca @ The Gardens

Since the terrible culinary experience I've had in Frontera, I was always in the look out for decent Mexican food. When I  heard about Fresca, I knew that I had to pay this place a visit real soon.

There I was on a scorching Sunday afternoon, stuck in my car while waiting for the damn traffic to ease-up #fatchance #nohope. After about 30 minutes of being stuck in traffic and another 15 minutes looking for parking, I was finally there. In front of Fresca in The Gardens while waiting for my friend to arrive.

Fresca



It was lunch hour and I was expecting a crowd but fret not there was still ample tables available when we got there. I reckon it was because of the location of the restaurant, which was slightly off the main streets of the mall. That said, this place if fast gaining its popularity among the Mexican cuisine lovers.


The menu was pretty extensive with a wide selection of foods and drinks stated.  

Avocado Juice. (+/-Rm10) & Sangria (Rm23)


The Avocado juice was tasteless, be it authentic or not, it felt like was sipping thick and flavorless milkshake. My friend's sangria on the other hand was really good.

Enchilada Rojas (Beef). Rm28++.



There's actually a choice between Beef or Chicken Enchilada. The Enchilada comes with mexican baked beans and a serving of Mexican rice (rice, tomato, onions, garlic etc.). This dish also come with a side of guacamole.

Enchilada is basically a combination of ground beef (or chicken), a variety of vegetable, herbs and spices, wrapped in a tortilla and garnished with cheese before pouring over generous portions of enchilada sauce (which main ingredient is tomato sauce).

In this case, my beef enchilada was very flavorful without being too overwhelming. The mexican rice was equally good as its texture reminded me of fluffy version of glutinous rice.

Chicken Fajita. +/- Rm35.



The plate of Chicken fajita came with slices of tortilla bread and 3 different garnish. The dish was simmering when it arrived smell fragrant and aromatic without any notable burn smell. According to my friend, the chicken was tender and the combination of caramelised onions and the slices of bell peppers made the combination work.

Overall Rating: 6.5/10 for the Enchillada that I had and being one of the better Mexican restaurant I've been to. Would revisit but is keen to try out El Cerda at Changkat.

Fresca is located at:
Lot G-242A, Ground Floor, 
The Gardens, Midvalley City, 
59200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
03-2201 2893
Opening hours: 11am to 11pm (Mon-Thurs, Sun) 11am to Late (Fri - Sat)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © . Spicy Sharon - A Malaysian Lifestyle And Food Blog - Posts · Comments
Theme Template by BTDesigner · Powered by Blogger