Jan 23, 2013

D'italiane Kitchen @ Jaya 33

7/11/2010

Happy Sunday morning everyone!

My body alarm came into auto wake-mode this morning. Woke up at 9am because I had to go poo. Its always the case where I either have to pee or to poo that I have this extra burst of energy that drags me out of bed in the weekends especially. There are times where I decided to hold it in, but after awhile it becomes unbearable that I even start dreaming about peeing and pooing! OK THIS IS REAL GROSS. SHARE NO MORE.

It was a special ocassion on this day that we decided to pop by this restaurant. It was my babe's Bowie's Birthday! This was suppose to be a close affair between me and another few good friends.

D'italiane'kitchen


This place adopts a simple fine dining concept where there is an array of wine to order served with an assortment of pasta dishes and a decent choice of meat for the meat lovers.

It was almost operating at full house when the 5 of us got there at about 8pm. Thank god there was a table of 6 leaving when we got there, waited for 5 to 10 minutes for the waiters to clear the table before we got seated. We would've went over to the German bar next door if it took any longer then that.

It took awhile for the waiter to serve us. We had to wait for about 10 minutes before the menu was placed in front of us.


Drinks came in a jiff. I had Mango-Strawberry Mocktail, which was rather watery I must say. I was expecting a it to be slightly thicker in texture then that of the typical ones from fast food outlets for the price I was paying. 

Friend had some chocolate drink which looks really pretty but was told it was too sweet.


 


Mushroom soup was really good. Thick, creamy and chunky.



We ordered 2 pizza and 2 servings of pastas. One of the in house specialties, Calzone, which is shaped like a large curry puff. The Calzone was pipping hot when it was served, the crust was really thin and crispy, when we cut through it the fillings started oozing out. It was just nice.



The crust wasn't crispy enough.


Salmon Alfredo Spegetti.


Blue Crabmeat Linguine. One of my favorites. The pasta was cook to perfection with just the right about of sauce, topped with generous portions of blue crabmeat. Though one could never complain if there was more.


Pohyee's birthday was in a couple of days, so we took the opportunity to do a pre celebration with her as well. Cake from Australia cake house in Sea park. Was nice and light after a heavy meal.






Overall Rating: 7/10 for the food and atmosphere. I kind of like this place but I'm more keen on trying out the few other more talk-about Italian restaurants in Bangsar.

D'italiane Kitchen is located at:
3 Jalan Semangat  46100 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
03-79563684


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © . Spicy Sharon - A Malaysian Lifestyle And Food Blog - Posts · Comments
Theme Template by BTDesigner · Powered by Blogger