Jan 23, 2013

Chinoz on the park @ KLCC

I've ever only been to Chinoz on the Park (located inside KLCC) a handful of times. Honestly, I've never quite enjoy the food there, despite the acclaimed quality due to the hefty bill. Portions are usually ubber small and somehow dishes that I've been served always seem like it has been sitting in the counter for way too long. Cold!

By the way, I am not a big fan of cold dishes, food should be serve warm and not chilled (unless its cold soba, sushi or dessert...). Those "zap fan" stalls in the food court, I never liked them. The trays of food have probably been sitting there for the past hour or so. They should provide microwave services #whatever.

I've always held firm to my food-for-though-philosophy (#whatever again), "Why force myself to eat something I do not enjoy when I won't starve to death by not doing so".

Chinoz on the Park.

Actually I'm still confused with the main concept of this restaurant (pardon me). I would think that its a western influence restaurant with a touch of fushion in it, but upon scanning the menu, it carries a wide array of Japanese cuisine.

I had Confit of Salmon trout with cucumber veloute and dill. +/-Rm40++.


The salmon was well done, not too cook and not too overcooked. The outter layer had a soft crisp to it while the middle part remained tender. I enjoyed this though I think theres no need for so much cucumber garnish.

Japanese Soba. Sorry no raincheck.


 Friend's Japanese cold soba, which he claims was pretty good. Yet again, the dissapointment when I saw this was its meagre quantity.

Chocolate Mousse Cake. Rm18++.


For dessert, we had a slice of chocolcate cake with vanilla ice cream. The cake was dense and chocolaty. Desserts typically cost Rm18++ onwards.

Overall Rating: 6/10. I shall reiterate that I'm not a big fan of Chinoz and I would only recommend the Ramadhan buffet only. You can read my short snippet about it Here. I give it a +1 for the elegant decoration and atmosphere but a -1 for the food. 

Chinoz on the park is located at:
Suria Klcc Jalan Ampang, Parkson Suria KLCC, 50088 Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur
03-2166 8277

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © . Spicy Sharon - A Malaysian Lifestyle And Food Blog - Posts · Comments
Theme Template by BTDesigner · Powered by Blogger