Jan 30, 2013

Ben's @ KLCC

One of my favorite restaurants of all time is none other than Ben's. I frequent Ben's quite a lot and I would daresay if Ben's come out with its own membership card, I would definitely qualify.

The concept behind the Ben's brand is that great memories are shared over meals, thus to eat is to love. I totally agree.

There's always comparison made between Ben's and Plan B. With both other the Big Group umbrella, I personally don't see a lot of difference in terms of the concept of both restaurants and also their menus.

I did noticed though, that Macadamia Cheesecake Sundae, one of my favorite desserts of all time is not available in Plan B's menu. Please do put that in.

You can also read about my write-up on '8 Must Try Desserts at Ben's'. Here.

Ben's

Replacing the original corner lot where California Pizza Kitchen used to be, Ben's in KLCC opened its doors about 2 years ago. I have never seen this place without a que outside the restaurant during peak hours.

The dishes that will be showcased below are taken on separate occassions.

Chargrilled Chicken Breast. Rm39.90.


Chargrilled chicken breast in chicken jus served with mashed potatoes and green beans. The chicken was grilled to tender and it was slightly on the saltier side but not overdone at all. It was an enjoyable dish.

Chargrilled Rack of Lamb. Rm52.90.


Peking Duck Roll. Rm23.90.


 The filling consist of peking duck, hoisin sauce, cucumber and scallion served with a bowl of garden salad and 4 color chips, which is basically tapioca chips. The roll was a bit dry for me but still alright overall. Among all of the dishes that I've ordered which came with 4 colored chips, this was the only time where the chips was soggy and soft already.

When I walked pass the kitchen I noticed that there's a whole dozen pots of 4 colored chips sitting on the counter top. I don't know how long it has been sitting there but shouldn't chips be stored in a dry place.

Pad Thai Seafood Linguine. Rm22.90.


Sorry no raincheck.


Golden Soft Shell Crab Speghettini. Rm23.90.


Anything soft-shell-crab-related to me works. I've had instances where the soft shell crab was just overwhelmingly oily but most of the time its fine. On the other hand, the speghettini is always tangy and well done, soaked in a savoury butter sauce and then topped with curry leaves, this combination somehow works very well. One of my all time favorite at Ben's.

Crispy Duck Confit Speghettini. Rm25.90.
Though I love duck confit, this dish was just too oily.
Traditional Nasi Lemak. Rm26.90.

Morrocan Lamb Pie. Rm23.90.


Home Made Soft Beef Sandwich. Rm25.90.


Layered between 2 slices of white country bread is generous shreds of salted beef, sliced cheddar cheese, country mustard. The saltiness of the roasted beef was just right. I would recommend this.
Mexicana Tortilla. Rm23.90.

Balsamic Chicken Salad. Rm18.90.



Did I mention that I also celebrated my recent birthday at Ben's?


With the loud waiters surrounding me, I almost died of embarassment.


Overall Rating: 8/10 for the food, environment, cleanliness and location. A definite must go. I can't deny that I'm a bit biased since this is one of my favorite casual dining restaurant.

The Menu is available Here.

Ben's is located at:
Lot 140, KLCC, First Level
Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur
03-2163 1655

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © . Spicy Sharon - A Malaysian Lifestyle And Food Blog - Posts · Comments
Theme Template by BTDesigner · Powered by Blogger