Jan 23, 2013

Andes BYO @ Aman Suria

18/6/2011

I have been and still am unwell. There's a deadly flu bug looming around the office for the past couple of weeks now, the so-called "unfortunate ones" caught on, whilst many just bypass with an occasional cough or two. Just the other day, I was boasting to my then-sick colleagues that I have this super amazing immune system, which will be able to withstand any flu bug, whether through air or through well... saliva. Thanks to Good Ol' Karma and my big mouth that is, I am now part of the antibiotic gang.

Sorry for the bad bad quality of the pictures taken.

Visited this place called Andes, located along the main road at Aman Suria, which was featured in Ho-Chak awhile back.

One of its signature dishes is the infamous Pork burger. An apparent favorite among patrons and some claims that it's also the best pork burger around.

At the point of time, I wasn't feeling Burger-ish, or so I call it. I decided to go with the Pork chop.

Pork Chop. +/- Rm17.90.

It was pretty decent. Being boneless, it was a huge plus for me (Coz I'm lazy like that). The meat was cooked well and was juicy on the inside. That said, what I don't like about it was the too-crumbly and too-thick batter, which constitutes 2/3 layer of the pork chop already. (The meat was thin like that) The chips also seemed half cooked, wasn't golden-brown looking and apetizing at all. The guys love this though.

Porky Pork Grill. Rm17.90.

  

I like this version more! (Coz there was no crispy batter and just pure meat!). This, was cooked to tender perfection. The meat was well done, not overly chewy and not to mention juicy.

Pardon me for suddenly being so vain, but I just got my new hair cut and am absolutely loving it.



Overall Rating: 6.5/10 for the pork chop. In my personal opinion, this place is slightly overrated and is probably made popular by its pork burger only. That said, I will definitely revisit just to try that out.

Andes BYO is located at:
 K-G-11, Jalan PJU1/43 47301 Petaling Jaya  47301
03-7804 3732

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © . Spicy Sharon - A Malaysian Lifestyle And Food Blog - Posts · Comments
Theme Template by BTDesigner · Powered by Blogger