Jan 28, 2013

Al Amar Express @ Farenheit 88 - Dry! Dry! Dry!

Probably not many know this but I used to work in a Kebabs and Mexican restaurant. So you can't say I don't know anything about Lebanese and Spanish cuisine, in fact, I've been serving that for close to 2 years while I was still a student.

During my short stint, I fell in love with lebanese and mexican cuisine. Australia probably has one of the best kebabs around besides that of country origin. The meat has always been bursting with flavors and marinated just well and nothing could beat the amount of extras they can offer.

I've often ponder on when I can relive my 'kebab moments'. Can cooked meat survive 8 hours of cabin temperature? Tarpau back from Australia can ah?

Al Amar Express


Located right in front of Farenheit 88, smacked in the middle of the Golden Triangle, you would not miss this restaurant. With surrounding glass panes as walls, many may not feel as comfortable while eating. There is also another branch inside of Pavillion.

The menu offers a wide range of lebanese cuisine ranging from salads to lebanese sandwiches.

Hommus. Rm16.00.


Hommus is made from mashed chickpeas mixed with sesame seed paste (tahini) and a dash of lemon juice, topped with olive oil served with slices of flatbread. The Al Amar version was pretty good. The texture was thick and consistent.
Mix Chawarma Platter. Rm26.00.


Chicken and beef Shawarma served with lebanese breads, salad, garlic sauce and French fries. The chicken kebab was pretty standard. It wasn't bursting with flavors but was just okay.

Beef Shawarma Platter. +/-Rm23.00.


On the other hand, the beef Shawarma served with tarator sauce, fries and condiments was a serious let down. The beef kebab was quite standard also but some portions of the meat was dry and tasteless. It took me awhile to chew and swallow the tough meat. I did not enjoy my doner.

It was probably one of the staff's birthday because halfway through my meal, the team started singing a Birthday song.

The good thing was not only the entertainment but also all customers in the house got complimentary slice of carrot cake.


Me and my food.


Overall Rating: 4/10 because of my unsatisfactory kebab meat the atmosphere was still a plus. I wouldn't mind trying out the main branch inside Pavilliion.

On a separate note, Tarbush, one of the more popular lebanese/middle eastern restaurants in the city, is located right opposite the street.

Al Amar Express is located at:
G44,Ground level,Fahrenheit Mall,179,Jalan Bukit Bintang,Kuala Lumpur, 55100, Kuala Lumpur, WP Kuala Lumpur 55100
03-2141 3814

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © . Spicy Sharon - A Malaysian Lifestyle And Food Blog - Posts · Comments
Theme Template by BTDesigner · Powered by Blogger